Posted on

General Interest Costa Concordia salvage.

I watched this segment in the last few days and found it very interesting. It is amazing the things they will attempt to do to “right” the ship and tow it somewhere else. They say in the segment that what can be seen (visible) is only 35% of the ship and the other 65% is under water. The ship alone weighs 60,000 tons but with so much of it under water the actual weight is much much more.

 

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50137223n

Advertisements

About dgarnold

More interests than I can count.. enjoy Foreign Policy, Current events, Books, Game theory,Sports (both watching and participating) and of course my Labradors. Love Mountain Biking! World class backgammon player.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s